Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, March 26, 2020
|**Friday, March 26||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Rabbi Kosovske will conduct service via Zoom
|**Friday, April 3||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Rabbi Kosovske will conduct service via Zoom
**Until further notice the Zoom link for all services & Torah studies is https://zoom.us/j/561082849
You do not have to have the Zoom program on your computer. Just click on the above link at the appropriate times.
If you do not have a computer, you can call in using the following information:
1-301-715-8592 and the Meeting ID: 561 082 849
- An Important Message from Randy Fry, Temple President – If you missed yesterday’s email that was sent out to our members and friends, you can access it here. It addresses the steps the Temple is taking with regard to the Covid-19 virus.
- Important Message for our Congregants and Friends of the Temple – At this point time, the Temple will be practicing “social distancing” and are asking our members, until further notice, to stay at home. Rabbi will be conducting all Shabbat services and Torah studies each week via Zoom.
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of March, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (email@example.com or 251-478-0415). This list will be cleared at the end of each month.
- POSTPONED – Professor Michael J.Gerhardt’s presentation originally scheduled for Wednesday, April 22, has been cancelled. We will try to reschedule at a later date.
- POSTPONED – The Sisterhood & Men’s Club Drawdown and Fundraiser scheduled for Saturday, April 25, will reschedule at a later date.
CONGREGATION SHA’ARAI SHOMAYIM RELIGIOUS SCHOOL
WEBPAGE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION
With a rich history of tradition, the sisterhood has been and continues to be the fundamental source of Temple life. All holiday, family dinners and Onegs are organized and run by Sisterhood volunteers. We support the youth of the congregation by donations to SHAFTY, NFTY and UAHC camps as well as gifts for B’nai Mitvah and holiday packages to our college students. Sisterhood supports the Temple financially by raising funds refurbishments,for kitchen renovations and office and library equipment, social hall furnishings and religious needs.
Sisterhood helps to furnish and stock inventory for the Temple Gift Shop, which proceeds help to fund aforementioned charitable events.
All congregants are encouraged and welcome to become sisterhood members. Feel free to call the Temple office at 478-0415 for contact information.
You can pay your dues, make donations, purchase fruit trees, flowers and/or whatever is currently being offered via the Sisterhood/Men’s Club store.
The Springhill Avenue Temple Men’s Club is a vital part of the Congregation Sha’arai Shomayim community. We are men that are interested in supporting our families, our community, our fellow congregants and the youth that will shape our future. All this is accomplished by our connection to Judaism.
The Men’s Club supports the Congregation through a variety of annual mitzvah projects. We organize various “work days” to help members of the community whether it is storm cleanup or general repairs and renovations. The Men’s Club volunteers make hundreds of Latkes every year for the annual Hanukkah party as well as erect the Sukkah used by the congregation and religious school.
We also meet socially to strengthen our members’ connection to Judaism and to the Congregation.
Watch the bulletin and be sure to join us at the next Men’s Club meeting! Feel free to call the Temple office at 478-0415 for contact information.
Welcome to the Sisterhood Gift Shop. Judaica items help bring Jewish ritual alive within our homes and in our community. If you need a mezuzah for a new home or a gift for an upcoming simcha, visit our fully stocked shop of unique and affordable Judaica items.
The Gift Shop is managed by Amy Friedlander and Judy Aronson and there is a wide variety of unique and distinctive items in stock and they can also special order individual items. From traditional to contemporary – educational to whimsical – hand crafted to bulk – there is something for everyone.
Getting married, having a baby, or celebrating a Bar/ Bat Mitzvah? These life cycle events require a celebration! Many celebrations include receiving many lovely gifts. Make it easy for family and friends to choose the perfect gift by registering at your Temple Gift Shop.
The next time you need that special gift, stop by your Temple gift shop. Please call the Temple office for store hours.