Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, January 23, 2020
|**Friday, January 24||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Sermon: “On Ecclesiastes: To Everything
There is a Season”
Roy Hoffman will conduct service
|**Friday, January 31||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
January Birthday & Anniversary Blessings
with “Taste of Judaism” Oneg
Rabbi Kosovske will conduct service
|Saturday, February 1||9:30 am
|Shabbat Breakfast – Guest Speaker: Jeff Kahn
on his experience as a baseball scout in the pros
Shabbat Morning Service
Rabbi Kosovske will conduct service
**Please join us in fellowship at the oneg in the Social Hall following services.
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of January, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (email@example.com or 251-478-0415). This list will be cleared at the end of each month.
- Rabbi Kosovske will be back at Temple on Saturday, January 25 until Wednesday, February 5. Remember that Rabbi is always reachable via telephone and/or email should you need him. Feel free to call Susie in the Temple Office and she will give you his contact information.
- The Mobile Jewish Film Festival continues! You can check out the film schedule by clicking on this link for the dates, times, and movie trailers. Call or text Kathy Lovitt (490-4872) for reservations or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temple Beth El of Pensacola invites friends in Mobile to participate in their biennial Shabbaton on Saturday, January 25. They have invited the congregation of Springhill Avenue Temple to join them for this amazing day of learning, worship, and fun. The start time is 10:00 am. The entire day is free with the exception of an optional catered dinner at 5:30 pm. Reservations are required for the dinner. To RSVP and for more information, please contact Temple Beth El at 850-438-3321.
- Don’t forget the Taste of Judaism oneg is less than two weeks away (Friday, January 31). We encourage everyone to bring your favorite Jewish dish whether it be blitz casserole, latkes, rugelach, bagels and lox, etc. Please let us know what you will bring to avoid an overlap in dishes. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
- Wine Tasting Social Gathering on Saturday, February 1 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Red or White, 1104 Dauphin Street. $15.00 per person includes four 2 oz pours & small cheese board. RSVP to Temple Office by Wednesday, January 29.
- Mobile Area Jewish Federation presents Chef Bat Hen Cohen’s Moroccan Cooking Class – Tuesday, February 4 at 6:30 pm. To reserve your spot call Kathy at 251-490-4872. $35.00 – Class will be in her private home. The menu will consist of appetizers & wine, Eastern salads and Anet’s winning meatballs. The main course will consist of Moroccan-style fish and traditional Moroccan couscous and chicken with Moroccan tea and desserts.
- This year Tu B’Shevat begins the evening of Sunday, February 9 and on that date, during their regular session at 10:00 a.m., the Religious School will have its yearly seder and planting . If you intend to plant any trees, now is the time to place your order – blueberry, apple, plum, citrus of all varieties, fig, olive, avocado, lime, mulberry, and pomegranate. Only $35 each. If interested, contact Larry Miller – 251-648-0401.
- The next Religious School session is scheduled for Sunday, January 26 at 10:00 a.m.
- Rabbi Kosovske’s next Torah Study is scheduled for Wednesday, January 29 at 5:00 p.m. (Please note the earlier start time so as not to interfere with the ongoing Jewish Film Festival schedule).