Archive for May 2020
Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, November 19, 2020
|Friday, Nov 20
||6:15 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Rabbi John Kaplan will conduct service
from the Temple sanctuary via Zoom
|Sermon: From One Generation to the Next
about generations, about family, and about acts of sharing.
Through our actions, by reaching out and touching someone,
it shows them we care. We demonstrate to God that we are
truly grateful and deserving of a Day of Thanksgiving.
|Friday, Nov 27||6:15 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Rabbi Natan Trief will conduct service via Zoom
Instructions for attending all Shabbat Services and events: Go to zoom.us or your zoom app and click on the “Join a meeting” tab. When asked for the Meeting ID, type in 869 7297 9837 and click “Join”. You will then be asked for a password. After entering the password, click continue. You will then be in the meeting. Make sure your video and microphone are on before services begin so you can talk with friends. Just before services, please MUTE YOUR MICROPHONE. If you are calling in, please dial 1-301-715-8592.
YOU MUST HAVE THE PASSWORD TO ATTEND: If you do not have the password, have forgotten the password, or are having trouble connecting via Zoom, please contact Nate Ginsberg (251-463-4845; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Howard Silverman (251-605-8832; email@example.com).
- Springhill Avenue Temple is now on YouTube! – To view any of the High Holy Day services or past events we have recently held via Zoom, you can now go to YouTube.com, search for Springhill Avenue Temple and there you are! Once there, click subscribe and, if you click on the little bell icon, you be notified when new videos are added. Of course, to activate these features, you will have to signup for a YouTube account, if you do not already have one. You can find the Temple’s videos faster by searching the words “Springhill Avenue Temple” using quotes around the Temple name.
- Please return your High Holy Day Prayer Books, if you have not already done so – Book pickup can be arranged, if necessary. For those who have already returned their books – THANK YOU!
- Jewish Family Services (JFS) of Mobile, funded by your Mobile Area Jewish Federation, is helping solve food insecurity and other life issues. Please call (251) 301-9987 for help and support.
- Please Note – Shabbat Services that are not conducted by Rabbi John Kaplan will use this prayer book link for those services.
- When Covid keeps you home and you can’t get out to volunteer, your generous contribution to the Mobile Area Jewish Federation (MAJF) helps to fulfill the mitzvah of tikkun olam and allows you to serve even when you cannot be present. Call MAJF at 251-490-4872.
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of November, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-478-0415). This list will be cleared at the end of each month.
Rabbi Howard Kosovske
- The next Confirmation and Religious School class will be held on Sunday, December 6.
- A Torah Study with Rabbi John Kaplan has been scheduled for Wednesday, December 16, at 5:30 p.m. via Zoom.