Archive for January 2020
Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, January 16, 2020
|**Friday, January 17||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Howard Silverman will conduct service
|**Friday, January 24||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Sermon: “On Ecclesiastes: To Everything There is a Season”
Roy Hoffman will conduct service
**Please join us in fellowship at the oneg in the Social Hall following services.
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of January, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (email@example.com or 251-478-0415). This list will be cleared at the end of each month.
- Rabbi Kosovske will be back at Temple on Saturday, January 25 until Wednesday, February 5. Remember that Rabbi is always reachable via telephone and/or email should you need him. Feel free to call Susie in the Temple Office and she will give you his contact information.
- The Mobile Jewish Film Festival continues! You can check out the film schedule by clicking on this link for the dates, times, and movie trailers. Call or text Kathy Lovitt (490-4872) for reservations or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The documentary, Fiddler, A Miracle of Miracles, will be shown at the Temple on Saturday, January 18. There will be a dinner at 6:00 p.m. following by the film at 7:00 p.m. The film has been designated at the Reita Franco Memorial Film. Don’t forget to RSVP and get your tickets through Kathy at the MAJF – 490-4872 or email@example.com
- A Temple Work Day has been scheduled & we need your help! Sunday, January 19, 2020 beginning at 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. In preparation for the Religious School’s Tu B’Shevat session in February, we will be cleaning up the Temple grounds, i.e., removing dead foliage, trimming limbs, bushes, etc. If we can get enough people to participate, we should have everything completed within a few of hours. If you can help and you have any of the following tools, please bring them with you – tree/bush pruners, shovels, hedge trimmers, chainsaws, etc. Bagels and doughnuts will be served. Questions? Contact Larry Miller – 648-0401.
- Temple Beth El of Pensacola invites friends in Mobile to participate in their biennial Shabbaton on Saturday, January 25. They have invited the congregation of Springhill Avenue Temple to join them for this amazing day of learning, worship, and fun. The start time is 10:00 am. The entire day is free with the exception of an optional catered dinner at 5:30 pm. Reservations are required for the dinner. To RSVP and for more information, please contact Temple Beth El at 850-438-3321.
- This year Tu B’Shevat begins the evening of Sunday, February 9 and on that date, during their regular session at 10:00 a.m., the Religious School will have its yearly seder and planting . If you intend to plant any trees, now is the time to place your order – blueberry, apple, plum, citrus of all varieties, fig, olive, avocado, lime, mulberry, and pomegranate. Only $35 each. If interested, contact Larry Miller – 251-648-0401.
- The next Religious School session is scheduled for Sunday, January 26 at 10:00 a.m.
- Rabbi Kosovske’s next Torah Study is scheduled for Wednesday, January 29 at 5:00 p.m. (Please note the earlier start time so as not to interfere with the ongoing Jewish Film Festival schedule).