Archive for December 0
Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, July 2, 2020
|**Friday, July 3||6:15 pm||Shabbat Evening Service – Note later time
Rabbi will conduct service via Zoom
|**Friday, July 10||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service via Zoom|
** Until further notice the Zoom link for all services and Torah studies is https://zoom.us/j/561082849
You do not have to have the Zoom program on your computer. Just click on the above link at the appropriate times.
If you do not have a computer, you can call in using the following information: 1-301-715-8592 & the Meeting ID: 561082849
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of June, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (email@example.com or 251-478-0415). This list will be cleared at the end of each month.
- Jewish Family Services of Mobile (JFS) understands that families may be affected by changes in circumstance due to the COVID-19 virus. If your family has special needs at this time, please call case managers, Priscilla Gold-Darby, 251-454-1924 or Jill Gottlieb, 251-510-1422. All calls are confidential.
- Tea & Talk with Rabbi, Monday, July 6, 3:30-4:00 p.m. Pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee and join Springhill Avenue Temple members and Rabbi Kosovske for an hour of conversation on just about anything at all. Really … no planned agenda! Every Monday afternoon from 3:30 to 4:30 pm on Zoom at: https://zoom.us/j/561082849, or call in via +1 (301)715-8592 (Meeting ID: 561082849).
- Because the movie, Love in Suspenders, has been such a huge success, the viewing of the film has been extended until Wednesday, July 8. The MAJF and the Mobile Jewish Film Festival will be absorbing all costs, so all you have to do is sit back, laugh and enjoy Love in Suspenders. The coded link for 205 views will be active until July 8 – https://vimeo.com/r/2KM2/Qmk0ME1jUW. You may also use the code via the film’s video on demand page by using this link https://vimeo.com/ondemand/loveinssupenders and the promo code: SuspendersMobile. The first thing the user will have to do (if not done previously) is register with Vimeo (email+password), which will give you a free view by using the SuspendersMobile promo code mentioned above.
- Mobile Area Jewish Federation Invites You to “The Rabbi and Dr. King” presented by Frye Gaillard – Join us on Zoom Sunday, July 12 at 3:00 p.m. Frye will be talking about the personal, ethical, and the theological friendship between Abraham Heschel, a seventh-generation Rabbi and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Heschel marched with Dr. King in Selma, and was instrumental in persuading King to speak out against the Vietnam War. The two were staunch supporters of each other. They were also close friends. Despite their different faiths, the pair found many commonalities in their shared struggle and they remained friends until King’s untimely death. Zoom Invitation Link for Sunday, July 12 at 3:00 p.m. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87366687728. Q & A session will follow the presentation. Frye Gaillard is a Mobile native, Writer-in-Residence at the University of South Alabama, and author of more than 25 books, including his most recent, A Hard Rain.
- Religious School is currently out of session. The Religious School staff wishes our students a fantastic summer. We will keep parents updated.
- Rabbi Kosovske’s next Torah Study (via Zoom – https://zoom.us/j/561082849) is scheduled for Wednesday, June 24 at 5:30 p.m. If you do not have a computer, you can call in using the following information: 1-301-715-8592 & the Meeting ID: 561082849