Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, September 12, 2019
|Friday, September 13||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Anne Zelnicker will conduct service
|Friday, September 20||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Ben Bloom will conduct service
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of August, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (email@example.com or 251-478-0415). This list will be cleared at the end of each month.
- Rabbi Kosovske will be at Temple on Thursday, September 26 until Thursday, October 10 and then again on Thursday, October 17 until Sunday, October 27 . Please remember, that Rabbi is always reachable via telephone and/or email should you need him. Feel free to call Susie in the Temple Office and she will give you his contact information.
- A Mitzvah Day is scheduled for this Sunday, September 15 starting at 9:00 a.m. Coffee & doughnuts will be served in the morning and then starting at 12:00 noon, kosher hot dogs will also be provided for those participating. This event is sponsored by the Men’s Club and Sisterhood of Springhill Avenue Temple.
- The Yizkor Memorial Service is Yom Kippur afternoon on Wednesday, October 9. If you would like your loved ones names read aloud from the bema, please submit this information no later than Friday, October 4, either by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org) or calling the Temple Office (478-0415) with the names of those names you wish recited.
- The Social Justice Committee is leading a Coastal Cleanup effort in both Mobile County and Baldwin County on Sunday, September 22 from 8:00 – 10:30 am. If you are interested in helping us fight for environmental justice and clean up our own backyard, please contact Cindy Bloom via cell (251-404-6192) or email (email@example.com) by September 13.
- The Mobile Christian-Jewish Dialogue, as part of the ongoing guest prayer service series, has coordinated with the Union Missionary Baptist Church, for a special service designed to welcome newcomers and those interested in dialogue and how others worship. Free and open to the public. Any respectful attire acceptable. Wednesday, September 18 from 6:00-7:00 p.m. (508 Bay Bridge Road).
- Calling All Bakers!! – Please help make our New Year even sweeter by bringing in baked goods for our annual Erev Rosh Hashanah Oneg on Sunday, September 29, 2019. We welcome all baked goods, crackers and dips, cheeses, breads and fruit. Please call Temple Office to sign up. You may either drop off on Friday, September 27, or bring items with you to services on Sunday.
- Temple Break-the-Fast – Join your congregants on Wednesday, October 9 immediately following the afternoon service for our Break-the-Fast dinner. Please help make our dinner even sweeter by bringing in baked goods, crackers, dips, cheese, and fruit. To RSVP and to sign-up, please contact Iris Ginsberg at 776-7866 or the Temple office during normal office hours (7:00-4:00 p.m. M-F). You may either drop off on Wednesday, October 9 or bring your items with you to the dinner. There is no charge for Temple members, but there will be a $10 charge for non-members. Please RSVP by Saturday, October 6.
- The next Religious School session is scheduled for Sunday, September 15 @ 10:00 a.m.
- The next Torah Study will be on Wednesday, September 18 at 5:30 p.m. The weekly Torah portion is Deuteronomy 26:1 – 29:8; Haftarah: Isaiah 60:1 – 60:22.