Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, June 14, 2018
|Friday, June 15||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Pragers’ 30th Anniversary Blessing & Oneg
|Friday, June 22||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of June, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (email@example.com or 251-478-0415). Springhill Avenue Temple will clear this list at the end of each month.
Our prayer for healing this month includes
- The Sisterhood Tikkun Olam Committee is calling all people interested in volunteering with Feeding the Gulf Coast’s Produce Program to attend a short Farm and Food Safety training next Tuesday at 5:30-6:30 at the main warehouse in Theodore. To learn more about the Produce program, call Cindy Bloom 251-404-6192, or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or register here to attend the training. Thank you in advance for your interest in “Repairing the World”.
- Eastern Shore BBQ/Pool Party/Havdalah Service/Torah Study! Saturday, June 16, at 6:00 p.m. Carol and Steve Zimmerman will be your hosts for this fun and informative event. Rabbi Kaplan will do the Torah Study, which will focus on “The Arrival at Mt. Sinai” (handouts will be available). Kosher hot dogs, buns, and condiments will be provided. BYOB. Please sign up to bring other sides – potato salad, cole slaw, chips & dip, watermelon, dessert, etc. To sign up and to RSVP, contact Carol Zimmerman by text or email to email@example.com or 251-591-1113.
- Happy Birthday to Us! The Oneg Committee wants to celebrate our Temple’s family birthdays, so on the fourth Friday of every month, we will have a cake and sing. How about that? June Birthdays will be recognized on Friday, June 29. Please come help us blow out the candles!
- Men’s Club Pickle Party! If you are a fan of Kosher dills, this is for you! Join us before Shabbat Service on Friday, June 29 at 5:00 p.m. in the Temple kitchen. We will be putting up Kosher dills. Come learn this simple and easy process. We will provide all of the supplies for the class including two (2) quart jars of pickles to take home after the pickling process is complete. Just bring $10.00! If If you want more than two (2) quart jars, there will be a charge of $5.00 for each extra jar. There will be another class after services, so if you miss the first class, stick around for this second one. You must let us know by Monday, June 25, if you will be attending and how many jars you want, so we will be sure to have enough supplies. Contact the Temple office, Larry Miller, or pay online here.
- Saturday, July 7 at 9:30 a.m., Shabbat Breakfast – The Eastern Shore Havdalah Group will be assisting in the preparations for this Saturday Shabbat Breakfast. For planning purposes, please RSVP to Carol Zimmerman, Larry Miller or the Temple office. The monthly Saturday Morning Shabbat Service will follow the breakfast at 10:30 a.m.
- Don’t forget to check out Rabbi’s Blog – “Charles Krauthammer Faces Death”. This link will also be published on Rabbi’s FaceBook page (Dana Kaplan), so be sure to send him a friend request! Rabbi’s webpage is www.danakaplan.com.
- Religious School and Hebrew School are currently out of session.
- The next Wednesday Torah Study is scheduled for July 11, at 5:30 p.m. continuing with the book, “A Life of Meaning. Embracing Reform Judaism’s Sacred Path.” The readings for this session are “Science and Faith”, p. 57, by Rabbi Geoffrey A. Mitelman.