Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, July 13, 2018
|Friday, July 13||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service|
|Friday, July 20||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service|
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of July, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-478-0415). Springhill Avenue Temple will clear this list at the end of each month.
Our prayer for healing this month includes
- The Temple Book Club will meet again on Sunday, July 15 at the Satori Coffee House (5460 Old Shell Road) at 1:00 p.m. The book to be discussed is The Brothers Ashkenazi by Israel J. Singer.The Angel Study Group will meet again on Thursday, July 19, 2018, at Satori Coffee House on Old Shell Road, at 10:00 a.m.
- The Angel Study Group will meet again on Thursday, July 19, 2018, at Satori Coffee House on Old Shell Road, at 10:00 a.m.
- The Center for Interreligious Understanding Presents the Next Trialogue – “Hospitality and Welcoming the Stranger” within the Abrahamic Faith Traditions on Thursday, July 19 at the First Baptist Church, 806 Government Street from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Following the Trialogue lunches will be assembled for distribution at McKimie Place. McKemie Place is a safe haven for homeless women and the only overnight shelter for single women in Mobile, Baldwin, and Washington counties.
- Don’t forget to check out Rabbi’s Blog – “Loneliness has the Same Effect as Smoking 15 Cigarettes a Day”. This link will also be published on Rabbi’s FaceBook page (Dana Kaplan), so be sure to send him a friend request! Rabbi’s webpage is www.danakaplan.com.
- Religious School and Hebrew School are currently out of session.
- The next Wednesday Torah Study is scheduled for July 18, at 5:30 p.m. continuing with the book, “A Life of Meaning. Embracing Reform Judaism’s Sacred Path.”The readings for this session are “Worship and the Prayer Book”, p.335, by Rabbi Richard S. Sarason, PhD. and “Reform Liturgy: Then and Now”, p. 349, Rabbi Dalia Marx, PhD.