Stay up to date on Temple events. Sign up for informative e-mail bulletins by sending an e-mail to our Admin Contact.
Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, June 22, 2017
|Friday, June 23||6:00 p.m.||Shabbat Evening Service|
|Friday, June 30||6:00 p.m.||Shabbat Evening Service|
|Saturday, July 1||9:30 a.m.||Shabbat Breakfast (salami, eggs, grits,
bagels, juice & coffee)
|10:30 a.m.||Shabbat Morning Service|
- Mitzvah Day is Back! This Sunday, June 25th at 9:00 a.m. – Recently we had the building and walkways power washed, the front gardens re-planted, the supply room re-shelved and organized, and are in the process of repainting the parking lot spaces. To finish what we started, please come to help us organize kitchen cabinets, repaint lines in the parking lot, pick apples for the Feeding the Gulf Coast Food Bank, organize a storage areas, and/or help make lunch for the other volunteers. Spend an hour or two helping your Temple! Then, at 12:30 p.m., a lunch of pizzas and hotdogs will be served for those volunteering. After lunch, those interested can attend the Sunday Temple Book Club meeting scheduled at 1:00 p.m. in the Temple Library. The book to be discussed is The Chosen, a novel by Chaim Potok. Please note the start time has been moved up to 9:00 a.m.
- Come on, let’s play a game! Mahjong and Scrabble tiles are being dealt every Monday in the Social Hall at 3:00 p.m. Lessons are free, playing is fun! Or bring your own game and play with us – a game of gin rummy, perhaps? Come join us every week!
- Join Rabbi Dana Kaplan and Music Director James Novetsky for the next in a series of lightning talks about the V’ahavta at this week’s Shabbat Evening Service. The focus this Friday will be on the line (6:7): “Recite them when you stay at home and when you are away, when you lie down and when you get up.” Continuing on in the translation, history, and trope for this familiar passage as we explore the Torah’s step-by-step guidance on how to “love Adonai your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might.”
- Don’t forget to check out Rabbi’s Blog this week, “Confirmation of Leah B.” This link will also be published on Rabbi’s FaceBook page (Dana Kaplan), so be sure to send him a friend request! Rabbi’s webpage is www.danakaplan.com.
- Both the Hebrew and Religious Schools are out of session. Have a great summer!
- The next Wednesday Torah Study is scheduled for Wednesday, June 28th at 5:30 p.m.