Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, June 20, 2019
|Friday, June 21||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Nate Ginsberg will conduct service
|Friday, June 28||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Anne Zelnicker will conduct service
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of June, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-478-0415). Springhill Avenue Temple will clear this list at the end of each month.
Our prayer for healing this month includes
- Rabbi Kosovske will be at Temple from Thursday, July 25 through Saturday, August 3. Please remember, that Rabbi is always reachable via telephone and/or email should you need him. Feel free to call Susie in the Temple Office and she will give you his contact information.
- Volunteers are needed to conduct three Friday Evening Shabbat Services during the month of July – Friday, July 5, Friday, July 12, and Friday, July 19. Please call the Temple Office if you can help in officiating any of these Shabbat Services.
- Your Input is Needed! – As times change, we need to evaluate where we have been and where we are going. Over the years, the Men’s Club and Sisterhood have served our congregation as two separate entities, but with the same goals. As we approach a new fiscal year, we would like your feedback on merging the Men’s Club and Sisterhood into one new organization. By merging both organizations, it will bring together a larger pool of people to take on the meaningful roles that support our Jewish rituals. We encourage all individuals, members, and non-members to provide your thoughts to Larry Miller (email@example.com or 251-648-0401) or Priscilla Gold-Darby (firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-454-1924). Feedback is due the evening of Friday, June 21.
- Both Religious School & Hebrew School are out of session until registration in the Fall. The Registration date will be announced once it is determined.
- The next Torah Study is Wednesday, June 26 at 5:30 p.m. The weekly Torah portion is Numbers 16:1 – 18:32; Haftarah: I Samuel 11:14 – 12:22, which will be discussed.