Springhill Avenue Temple’s Weekly Bulletin
Thursday, August 15, 2019
|**Friday, August 16||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Roy Hoffman will conduct service
Sermon: “The Beauty & Comfort of the 23rd Psalm”
|**Friday, August 9||6:00 pm||Shabbat Evening Service
Rabbi Kosovske will conduct service
**For security purposes, the east entrance to the Temple (adjacent to Wells Fargo Bank) will be the only unlocked access for Shabbat Services.
- Mi Shebeirach: In Our Prayers – If you or someone you know would like to be listed for the month of August, please contact Susie at the Temple Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-478-0415). This list will be cleared at the end of each month.
- Rabbi Kosovske will be at Temple from Thursday, August 22 through Saturday, August 31. Please remember, that Rabbi is always reachable via telephone and/or email should you need him. Feel free to call Susie in the Temple Office and she will give you his contact information.
- Come and Join us for an Evening on the Eastern Shore with Our Rabbi! A potluck (Jewish style) is planned for Saturday, August 24 at 5:30 p.m. Carol and Matt Eberlein will be your hosts at their home (18606 Section Street, Fairhope 36532). Contact Carol Eberlein if you need directions. For food planning and to get an idea of how many will be attending, please RSVP by contacting either the Temple office (478-0415 or email@example.com) or Carol Eberlein (firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-9678).
- The Sisterhood is taking on a new initiative this year and would like to bring awareness to breast cancer. Sharsheret is a non-profit organization that supports Jewish women with breast cancer. The Sisterhood will be teaming with them to hold a “Pink” Shabbat Service and they would like to raise funds to support Sharsheret’s cause. As president of the Sisterhood, Dianna Kubat would like to form a committee to help with fundraising and to also help organize a special oneg to follow the “Pink” Shabbat Service. Please let Dianna know (email@example.com or 405-249-5369) if you would like to be part of this committee.
- A Mitzvah Day has been scheduled for Sunday, September 15 starting at 9:00 a.m. Coffee & doughnuts will be served in the morning and then starting at 12:00 noon, kosher hot dogs will also be provided for those participating. This event is sponsored by the Men’s Club and Sisterhood of Springhill Avenue Temple.
Save the Date & Come Participate!
- The Religious School & Hebrew School – A Teacher’s Workshop is scheduled for Sunday, August 18 @ 10:00 a.m. and the 1st day of Religious School is scheduled for Sunday, August 25 also @ 10:00 a.m.
- The next Torah Study is Wednesday, August 21 at 5:30 p.m. The weekly Torah portion is Deuteronomy 7:12 – 11:25; Haftarah: Isaiah 49:14 – 51:3, which will be discussed.